A concrete block foundation is a sturdy structure that is unyielding to pressure. Though strong enough to act as a foundation, the concrete is not immune to water penetration. Porous concrete block needs protection in order to keep your basement dry and free of leaks. Waterproofing concrete block is a project the average do-it-yourselfer can undertake and complete in just two days.
1. Sweep dirt from the block surface with a push broom.
2. Open the windows and doors to improve ventilation. Protect yourself with a face mask.
3. Pour a concrete degreaser into a paint tray and spread the degreaser over the entire block foundation with a paint roller. Make overlapping passes with the roller so that there aren’t any spaces left untouched.
4. Wait for approximately 15 minutes before scrubbing down the foundation with a nylon brush. Use short, circular motions to pull off any and all greasy residue from the block foundation.
5. Rinse the concrete block with water and wait 24 hours until it dries before moving on to the sealing process.
6. Add a sodium silicate-based concrete sealant to the tank of a pump sprayer, and spray it onto the block foundation with even strokes of the wand. Overlap your passes to make sure that all of the block is covered with an even coating.
7. Wait at least 48 hours before using the space.
Incoming search terms:
- block foundation
- concrete block foundation
- Concrete Block Foundations
- waterproofing block foundations
- concrete foundation waterproof
- block foundation waterproofing
- waterproof concrete block foundation
- waterproofing spray for concrete block foundation